I know you guys are just as excited as I am to start the new year on a high, bidding adieu to one hell of a year. 2021 is all about hope for things to get better and accepting masks, social distancing, and online meetups as the new way of life.
With globalization and widespread usage of the internet and social media platforms in current times, all major industries have shifted focus to online business. The Fashion industry is no different, with many brands now live-streaming their latest collections to online platforms and reaching out to a wider audience. As a result, the latest and popular trends are being seen on the streets at an unprecedented pace.
If you are someone with an eye for the latest fashion trends, in all probability you already follow creative fashion bloggers and influencers on different social media platforms. However, finding inspiration online can be exciting and exhausting at the same time. When you finally look up from your phone, you realize you’ve spent hours scrolling through feeds while you are still in your pajamas. Yeah, you got the point! And we get you!
So, here I have 7 tips that will get you inspired in no time to ace the fashion game this season.
- Down to the basics: It is one thing that will get you going on days you’re just not in the mood. To make things cool, pair it with oversized denim for the perfect weekday errand vibe.
- Statement collar blouse: The most versatile trend of the season! You can dress down with denim or leggings for a work-from-home vibe or spice it up with some contrasting leathers.
- Slipdress/Shirtdress: With virtual meetings, Zoom and other video calls in vogue, your waist-up look is what makes the impression. Add a formal blazer to your shirtdress or slipdress and voila, you have the most comfortable work outfit!
- Oversized colored sweatshirt/cardigan: A perfect blend of comfort and color. Even if you are a mostly neutrals girl, there are times when you want to add a pop of color to your day. Pair it with tight bottoms, or no bottoms — wear it as a dress with thigh-high boots to let the world know you're ready to tackle the day your way.
- Statement pieces: Be it jewelry, belt, bags, jackets, or more, take your pick! These are the accessories that you can treasure for decades. They instantly give your outfit a stylish and ultra-chic statement look. Choose a versatile one that goes well with different styles.
- Go Sleek: When it comes to timeless hairstyles, there's one that will never go out of style: sleek hair. Moisturize your hair well and give your hair a break from hot styling tools. Go sleek the natural way. You will always look polished and put together with a sleek and healthy mane, given any style.
- Recycle and Repair: With a lot of trends coming back in fashion, bygones are no longer gone for long. Recycling your older outfits makes perfect sense. Start with organizing your wardrobe, pick the ones hidden at the bottom of closets that are back in trend. If you want to get creative, add a little DIY twist for a fresh in-season look.
And don't forget to find joy in the little things. When you're happy, you effortlessly carry everything that you wear. Now go slay!
Photo by Hipster Mum on Unsplash